Friday, August 23, 2013

Bear Lake

Bear Lake was so much fun! We did so many things, we were exhausted by the end. Perfect vacation!



Friday, we checked out an ice cave that was pretty cool. The drive up was terrifying, poor Loretta {that's the name of my car, if you don't have a name for you car I highly suggest you get one. It makes driving so much more fun}. Then later we attempted to go to Minnetonka Ice Cave and well, long story short, that failed.







Our cute little nephew Alex probably ate 1 lb of dirt. We ate delicious meals! Seriously, we were spoiled. We also ate one too many s'mores... sorry bout it!




We went boating and spent all of Saturday out on the lake. It was a blast! We went out on the boat and did tubing, along with water skiing. You must know that I am afraid of lakes and oceans now. I didn't used to be. Here is why...

A few years back when my family and I went to the Caribbean. The water was so clear that I realized just how many fish can be swimming around you at once and that freaked me out. It took all that I had to even go snorkeling. Since then I have been afraid that I will step on one or one will come up and bite me. The whole idea that I was swimming in a fish tank was just no bueno.

At bear lake the water was so clear and the water was the PERFECT temperature. After observing for about 20 minutes, I couldn't see one single fish! Woo hoo! So needless to say, I got it and I am soooo glad that I did. Not even the tale of the bear lake monster was going to keep me from having fun!

Then later on we switched the boat out for sea-doos! I got to learn how to drive one but the water was so choppy that I didn't stay out for too long. I mainly just sat on the back while J drove. I told J to take it easy when I was on, so after a couple runs I got off and went back to shore so he could go have some fun. J is an animal on those things! By five o'clock we were so exhausted and decided to head on back to camp.

Now we are home, with minimal sunburns {thank heavens for sunscreen} and wonderful showers! Can't wait for next year!


No comments:

Post a Comment