Wednesday, September 25, 2013

September 25, 2012

I remember...

 sleeping in until 9:30 and waking up to rain, 

my sister and I making funny faces at the videographers camera thinking it was on while she was doing my hair and make up,

eating a cracker for breakfast,

Jacob coming to the door to take me to the temple,

holding hands as we drove on I-15, all smiles,

giving gifts to each other in our last minutes of being two separate people,

 walking into the temple feeling the spirit and being welcomed by all the cute temple workers,

signing my name for the last time as Olivia McCall Mabey on our marriage license,

 not wanting to be apart from Jacob as we went our separate ways to change.

I remember sitting with him in the Celestial room waiting for our sealer,

walking into the sealing room and feeling so much love for everyone there, 

I wish I could remember all that was said, but I do remember the spirit was strong.

I remember getting ready quickly and having to wait in the brides room because Jacob wasn't ready yet,

I remember coming around the corner and seeing Jacobs face as he saw me in my dress for the first time,

walking outside of the temple as one and seeing ALL of our family and friends waiting for us,

my sister spraying my hair with hairspray before anyone could hug me,

the weather clearing up and it was BEAUTIFUL,

I remember how happy I was as we walked around the temple and took pictures,

getting stuck in traffic on the way to the reception and laughing the whole car ride,

eating one bread stick before people started arriving,

seeing old friends, making new friends, and having conversations with all the people Jacob and I both love in the receiving line,

I remember waltzing with my dad,

while dancing with Jacob everyone in the room seemed to disappear,

the sparklers being lit while Jacob was still changing... ha ha. Funny story,

I remember all the love and happiness we both felt..


But most of all I remember how I felt for Jacob that day and it's no where close to my feelings for him now. 

Now here we are one year later. So much has happened in a year. Some great, some terrible. Boy, am I grateful that I got to go through it all with him by my side. No we aren't perfect, we have disagreements, we get upset, we don't always have a clean house, but we are learning and growing! It's going quite splendidly, if I do say so myself! 

Happy one year my love, life without you would just be sad. I can't wait to see what this next year has in store for us, as well as the many more years to come!

After all, we do have for, well,  ever.

our wedding video



xoxo
-O


1 comment:

  1. Hi there! I was wondering if you would be able to answer a quick question about your blog! If you could email me at Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com I would greatly appreciate it :-)

    ReplyDelete